1. How big is the bus? 35 feet and 16,000lbs give or take. Not sure on the height, no drive thrus or parking garages though.
2. Is is Bio Diesel? Heck no, it has a monster 396 Chevy Big Block engine that I put in it in 2000 that runs like a champ. I am sticking with the tried & true and my bus mechanic friends have given me the thumbs up. I am also comforted by the fact that I can find parts or service anywhere, even in Hope, ID. But if you'd like me to run bio diesel, I'd just have to completely gut the engine and replace it with a diesel engine, then convert it. It'd be great! Bring money.
3. How many miles to the gallon? Gallons to the mile, no just kidding. Just about 5 mpg like any big ass motorhome or rig. I balance this with the fact that I have no hotel expenses and get to travel in my own home and cook meals in my own kitchen.
4. Do the cops ever hassle you? Not yet, I've been pulled over a couple of times over the years but not for no reason. I'm a tax paying law abiding citizen anyway and "Zee papers are in order". I don't think Patience looks like a Ragamuffin anyway and clearly is loved and cared for. Any law enforcement has been polite and justified. I am especially thankful for the kindness of the border patrol agents that searched my bus with dogs in New Mexico. they kindly let me on my way and asked me to take the I-40 next time. Thank you.
5. How fast can you go? I keep up with the slower traffic, but she certainly doesn't care for inclines and takes her time.
6. How many people can you fit? Nineteen is the current record, we reached that on the way back to camp from the Ratdog show at Pozo Saloon. A short ride. I can sleep 7 comfortably.
I guess I'll keep adding to this as I think of FAQ's so send em to me and I'll post it here.